Here are some resources that have been helpful for us. We offer them here in hope that you might find them as helpful as we did.
* Note: If you are looking for print resources for media or non-profit/church use (including posters, fliers, and bulletin/program inserts), please contact us.
- Family Equality Council - Family Equality Council is changing attitudes and policies to ensure all families are respected, loved, and celebrated — especially those with parents who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.
- Everyone Is Gay - A new site for parents of LGBTQ kids
- The Parents Project - Helping Parents Understand Their LGBTQ Kids
- PFLAG - PFLAG has been saving lives, strengthening families, changing hearts, minds and laws since 1972. Our family and ally voice is integral to advancing equality.
- The Trevor Project - A national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth.
- Beyond - Beyond is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping LGBTQ+ people through their coming out process. Renew your faith, restore your hope, reclaim your love.
- Freed Hearts - We are freeing hearts to love, heal, and affirm. Our goal is to change the human conversation on love and inclusion.
- It Gets Better - The It Gets Better Project's mission is to communicate to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and to create and inspire the changes needed to make it better for them.
Christian Inclusion Resources
- The Gay Christian Network - GCN helps create safe spaces both online and offline for Christians of all sorts to make friends, ask questions, get support, and offer support to others.
- Believe Out Loud - Believe Out Loud is an online network that empowers Christians to work for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. We elevate the people and places where Christianity and LGBT justice intersect.
- Queer Theology - Queer Theology provides a supportive community and in-depth resources for queer Christians and straight supporters.
- Together In This - A Conversation on Sexuality, Inclusivity, & the Future of the Church
- The Reformation Project - A Bible-Based, Gospel-Centered Approach to LGBT Inclusion
- Matthew Vines - Matthew Vines is the president and founder of The Reformation Project
- Reconciling Works - Since 1974, ReconcilingWorks: Lutherans for Full Participation has advocated for the full welcome, inclusion, and equity of LGBTQ Lutherans in all aspects of the life of their Church, congregations, and community.
- Open Door Ministries - Our mission is to extend Christ's affirming, inclusive love to persons who have often felt excluded and condemned by church and society because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. (Lutheran - NW Washington)
- Reconciling Ministries Network - Reconciling Ministries Network mobilizes United Methodists of all sexual orientations and gender identities to transform our Church and the world into the full expression of Christ's inclusive love.
- Sanctuary for All: A Safe Place for All to Worship - Sanctuary is a nonprofit ministry that helps churches and individuals from a variety of theological perspectives welcome the LGBT community through bridges of conversation, worship, and story.
- Bishop John Shelby Spong - A Christian theologian, religion commentator and author. He calls for a fundamental rethinking of Christian belief away from theism and traditional doctrines.
Counseling & Personal Development Services
- Samaritan Center of Puget Sound (Seattle, WA) - As an expression of God’s love and compassion, we seek to restore hope, reconcile relationships and participate in the transformation of lives
- Seattle Counseling Service (Seattle, WA) - Seattle Counseling Service is a community based organization that has been dedicated to promoting health and wellness within the LGBTQ community for 45 years.
- Seattle Area Support Groups & Community Center (Seattle, WA) - SASG envisions individuals in communities connected by the shared values of health and well-bring, personal development, and compassionate support of one another.
- Lambert House (Seattle, WA) - Lambert House is a center for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning youth that empowers youth through the development of leadership, social and life skills.
- Men's Inner Journey (San Francisco, CA) - The Men's Inner Journey is an emotionally cleansing, spiritually transformative experience designed to help gay men shed years of repressive conditioning, resulting in a fundamental shift in the way they perceive and experience Life!
- Good Therapy - Helping people find therapists. Advocating for ethical therapy.
- A Timeline of Gay World History - A timeline of Gay World History from 8000 BC to Modern Day.
- Gay City Health Project (Seattle, WA) - Gay City promotes wellness in LGBTQ communities by providing health services, connecting people to resources, fostering arts, and building community.
- Pride Foundation - Pride Foundation is a regional community foundation that inspires giving to expand opportunities and advance full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people across the Northwest.
- GLAAD - GLAAD works with print, broadcast and online news sources to bring people powerful stories from the LGBT community that build support for equality. And when news outlets get it wrong, GLAAD is there to respond and advocate for fairness and accuracy.
- This Is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids (Danielle Owens-Reid)
- What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality (Daniel A. Helminiak, Ph.D.)
- God and the Gay Christian (Matthew Vines)
- Stranger at the Gate (Mel White)
- Religion Gone Bad (Mel White)
- Torn (Justin Lee)
- It Gets Better
- The Gay Gospels (Keith Sharpe)
- Those 7 References (John F. Dwyer)
- Gay Christian 101 (Rick Brentlinger)
- Biological Exuberance (Bruce Bagemihl)
- God vs. Gay? (Jay Michaelson)
- Gay and Christian? Yes! (Rev. William H. Carey)
- Coming Out: An Act of Love (Rob Eichberg)
- The ABC's of LGBT+ (Ashley Mardell)
- Refocusing my Family (Amber Cantorna)